The race will be held on January 3oth, 2016, starting at 9:00am. The location will be a course around Camp Mabry in Austin.
When you run in the Austin Gorilla Run you will:
1) Run a fun 5K with your friends
2) Benefit mountain gorillas
3) Get to keep your gorilla suit!
4) Receive FREE Silverback Pale Ale from Thirsty Planet
5) Enjoy a great after party
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
How long will it take?
Can I enter as a team?
How big are the suits?
Can I keep the costume?
When will I get my costume?
How can I get around?
Do I have to raise money?
Silverback After Party Tickets
- Registration from 7:00am to 8:30am
- Most Creative Gorilla Costume Contest: 8:15am
- 5K start: 9am silverback runners | 9:10am walkers & joggers
Course map coming soon
|Category||Until 1/28/16||1/29 & 1/30
|First Time Adult Gorilla||$99.95||$109.95|
|Returning Adult Gorilla||$40.00||$50.00|
|First Time Little Gorilla*||$30.00||$40.00|
|Returning Little Gorilla*||$15.00||$25.00|
*Note: Little Gorillas are 12 and under. Our costumes for kids fit up to 4’11″. There will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades.
- Group Discounts of 10% off registration for teams of 10+ are also available. Please see Group Registration for more info. Group discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or special offers
- Please be aware there is a processing fee for the use of credit cards.
- The gorilla suit is yours to keep!
- Join us at one of the Gorilla Gatherings!
- Fill out the 2016 Austin Gorilla Run Registration Form. Mail it to MGCF “Gorilla Headquarters” along with your entry fee: MGCF 4380 S. Syracuse St. #320 Denver, CO 80237
- Call in your entry by dialing 1-866-gorilla or (720) 524-0272
Still unclear about how to register? Please email email@example.com for more information.
Why is registration more expensive than other races?
You get to keep your gorilla suit! Also, remember that this is a fundraiser for the Mountain Gorillas.
How much time will the run take?
That depends on how fast you are. A 5K is 3.1 miles and if you are running, it will probably take about 25 minutes. For those walking the 5K, it should not take more than 1 hour.
Can I enter as a team?
Yes! You can create a team and enter as a theme gorilla team. For example: Hula Gorilla Team and you all wear hula skirts. There will be an award for the “The biggest team”. So, why not get your colleagues, sports team or even your real family to form a gorilla team?
To register as a team, please enter your team name when asked, “ Do you want to join or create a team?” during the registration process.
· Small – fits under 5′ tall
· Medium – fits most gorillas 5′ – 5’7”
· Large – fits most gorillas 5’8″ to 6’1”
· XL – fits gorillas 6’2″up to 6’4″ish
· KID Small – fits gorillas up to 4’4″
· KID Large – fits gorillas up to 4’11″ (please note: there will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades)
- 2016 schedule to be announced
- Race Day Saturday, January 30th– Visit the Registration area from 7-8:30am at Camp Mabry.
Can’t make it to one of the scheduled packet pick ups? No problem. Friends or family members may pick up your gorilla suit.
(2) Have the costume shipped to you for an additional fee. Select suit shipping during online registration, call 720-524-0272, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note: last day for gorilla suit shipping is January 11, 2016.
How can I get around the course?
BE CREATIVE! You can run, walk, or crawl. We encourage everyone to take it easy, be safe and have fun. Please, no wheels will be allowed this year due to insurance requirements.
Still, we encourage people to take up the banner for this cause! Raising money is a great way to get involved, give back to the world, and feel good about yourself. The money you raise goes a long way to helping gorillas survive. It also educates people and stimulates economies in Rwanda, Uganda, and the Central African Republic. We encourage all participants and Event Marshals to set a target of $250. All pledges are 100% tax deductible. Ask your friends, neighbors, family and colleagues to help support you in this very unique event.
Silverback After Party Tickets: Good news…..we will be offering extra tickets for friends and family. Each ticket is $10 and includes food, drinks and music. Tickets are available during registration, at the Tickets booth on event day or click here to purchase online.