The race will be held on January 31st, 2015, starting at 9:00am. The location will be a scenic course around Mueller Browning Hangar in Austin.
When you run in the Austin Gorilla Run you will:
1) Run a fun 5K with your friends
2) Benefit mountain gorillas
3) Get to keep your gorilla suit!
4) Receive FREE Silverback Pale Ale from Thirsty Planet
5) Enjoy a great after party
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
How long will it take?
Can I enter as a team?
How big are the suits?
Can I keep the costume?
When will I get my costume?
How can I get around?
Do I have to raise money?
- Registration from 7:00am to 8:30am
- Most Creative Gorilla Costume Contest: 8:30am
- Little Gorilla Obstacle Challenge: 8:30am
- 5K start: 9am bikes | 9:05am silverback runners | 9:10am walkers & joggers
Where can I park?
Please enter off of the NB Service Rd of 35 and come in from Barbara Jordan Blvd. or 51st St to Mueller Blvd. CLICK HERE for a map indicating event parking, outlined in red.
The course is approximately 5K that will be easy for the walkers and kids. You may run, walk, or ride your bike along the course. Please note: there is a dirt section along the course and wheels other than bikes are not encouraged.
|Category||Until 1/29/15||1/30 & 1/31
|First Time Adult Gorilla||$99.95||$109.95|
|Returning Adult Gorilla||$40.00||$50.00|
|First Time Little Gorilla*||$30.00||$40.00|
|Returning Little Gorilla*||$15.00||$25.00|
*Note: Little Gorillas are 12 and under. Our costumes for kids fit up to 4’11″. There will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades.
- Group Discounts of 10% off registration for teams of 10+ are also available. Please see Group Registration for more info. Group discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or special offers
- Please be aware there is a processing fee for the use of credit cards.
- The gorilla suit is yours to keep!
- Join us at one of the Gorilla Gatherings!
- Starting January 2015, visit Texas Running Company Downtown or Gateway. Register in-person at either of these locations & receive a 10% off registration discount! Please note: cash or check only.
- Fill out the 2015 Austin Gorilla Run Registration Form. Mail it to MGCF “Gorilla Headquarters” along with your entry fee: MGCF 4380 S. Syracuse St. #320 Denver, CO 80237
- Call in your entry by dialing 1-866-gorilla or (720) 524-0272
Still unclear about how to register? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Why is registration more expensive than other races?
You get to keep your gorilla suit! Also, remember that this is a fundraiser for the Mountain Gorillas.
How much time will the run take?
That depends on how fast you are. A 5K is 3.1 miles and if you are running, it will probably take about 25 minutes. For those walking the 5K, it should not take more than 1 hour.
Can I enter as a team?
Yes! You can create a team and enter as a theme gorilla team. For example: Hula Gorilla Team and you all wear hula skirts. There will be an award for the “The biggest team”. So, why not get your colleagues, sports team or even your real family to form a gorilla team?
To register as a team, please enter your team name when asked, “ Do you want to join or create a team?” during the registration process.
· Small – fits under 5′ tall
· Medium – fits most gorillas 5′ – 5’7”
· Large – fits most gorillas 5’8″ to 6’1”
· XL – fits gorillas 6’2″up to 6’4″ish
· KID Small – fits gorillas up to 4’4″
· KID Large – fits gorillas up to 4’11″ (please note: there will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades)
- To Be Announced.
Can’t make it to one of the scheduled packet pick ups? No problem. Friends or family members may pick up your gorilla suit.
(2) Have the costume shipped to you for an additional fee. Select suit shipping during online registration, call 720-524-0272, or email email@example.com for more information. Please note: last day for gorilla suit shipping is January 9, 2015.
How can I get around the course?
BE CREATIVE! You can run, walk, or ride your bike. We encourage everyone to take it easy, be safe and have fun. Please, nothing motorized will be allowed! Please note: there is a dirt section along the course and wheels other than bikes are not encouraged.
Still, we encourage people to take up the banner for this cause! Raising money is a great way to get involved, give back to the world, and feel good about yourself. The money you raise goes a long way to helping gorillas survive. It also educates people and stimulates economies in Rwanda, Uganda, and the Central African Republic. We encourage all participants and Event Marshals to set a target of $250. All pledges are 100% tax deductible. Ask your friends, neighbors, family and colleagues to help support you in this very unique event.
What is the Little Gorilla Obstacle Challenge? Begins at 8:30am. New for 2015, we have a kid’s obstacle course designed just for our furry little-ones. Kids 12 & under can weave through cones, crawl under cargo nets, run, jump, and do what kids do best…play! We will have age-group categories for 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.
Our costumes for kids fit up to 4’11″. There will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades.