The race will be held on January 19th, 2013, starting at 9:00am. The location will be a scenic course in Downtown Austin, starting and finishing at the 1st street bridge, followed by an after party at RunTex (W. Riverside Dr.).
When you run in the Austin Gorilla Run you will:
1) Run a fun 5K with your friends
2) Benefit mountain gorillas
3) Get to keep your gorilla suit!
4) Receive FREE Silverback Pale Ale from Thirsty Planet
5) Enjoy a great after party with live music by The Good Nights
6) Enjoy food available for purchase from The Seedling Truck, The Peached Tortilla, & The Best Wurst!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
How long will it take?
Can I enter as a team?
How big are the suits?
Can I keep the costume?
When will I get my costume?
How can I get around?
Do I have to raise money?
January 19, 2013– start time: at 9:00am (registration from 7:00am to 8:30am)
Downtown Austin. The race starts and finishes on the 1st Street Bridge (South 1st Street and Riverside, Austin,TX 78701). An after party with live music by The Good Nights will follow.
To secure your place, all participants need to pay a non-refundable registration fee. The pricing structure is as follows:
|Category||Until 1/18/13||Race Day 1/19/13|
|First Time Adult Gorilla||$99.95||$109.95|
|Returning Adult Gorilla||$50.00||$60.00|
|First Time Little Gorilla*||$50.00||$60.00|
|Returning Little Gorilla||$35.00||$45.00|
*Note: Little Gorilla suits fit up to 4 ft. tall (ages 5-7). Please be aware that additional charges will be applied for adult suit upgrades. The returning little gorilla category is for kids 12 and under.
- Group Discounts of 10% off registration for teams of 8+ are also available. Please see Group Registration for more info. Group discounts cannot be combined with early bird discounts or other special offers
- Please be aware there is a processing fee for the use of credit cards.
- The gorilla suit is yours to keep!
Call (720) 524-0272 for information
Make checks payable to MGCF, fill out the 2013 Austin Gorilla Run Registration Form and mail to:
MGCF (Gorilla Run Headquarters)
4380 S. Syracuse St. #320
Denver, CO 80237
Why is registration more expensive than other races?
You get to keep your gorilla suit! Also, remember that this is a fundraiser for the Mountain Gorillas.
How much time will the run take?
That depends on how fast you are. A 5K is 3.1 miles and if you are running, it will probably take about 25 minutes. For those walking the 5K, it should not take more than 1 hour.
Can I enter as a team?
Yes! You can create a team and enter as a theme gorilla team. For example: Hula Gorilla Team and you all wear hula skirts. There will be an award for the “The biggest team”. So, why not get your colleagues, sports team or even your real family to form a gorilla team?
To register as a team, please enter your team name when asked, “ Do you want to join or create a team?” during the registration process.
· Child – fits up to 4’ tall or ages 5 to 7
· Small/Medium – fits most adults up to 5’7”
· Large – fits most adults 5’8″ to 6’1”
· XL – fits adults 6’2″+
- Tuesday, January 15th at RunTex (W. Riverside) 5pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, January 16th at The Tavern (12th & Lamar) 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Thursday, January 17th at Hopfields (3110 Guadalupe St.) 7pm – 9pm
- Friday, January 18th at RunTex (W. Riverside) 11:30am – 6:30pm
- Race morning, January 19th at RunTex (W. Riverside) 7am – 8:30am
(2) Have the costume shipped to you for an additional fee. Select suit shipping during online registration, call 720-524-0272, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note: last day for gorilla suit shipping is January 3, 2013.
How can I get around the course?
BE CREATIVE! You can run, walk, ride your bike, rollerblade, skateboard, unicycle, etc. We encourage everyone to take it easy, be safe and have fun. Please, nothing motorized will be allowed!
Still, we encourage people to take up the banner for this cause! Raising money is a great way to get involved, give back to the world, and feel good about yourself. The money you raise goes a long way to helping gorillas survive. It also educates people and stimulates economies in Rwanda, Uganda, and the Central African Republic. We encourage all participants and Event Marshals to set a target of $250. All pledges are 100% tax deductible. Ask your friends, neighbors, family and colleagues to help support you in this very unique event.