The race will be held on January 3oth, 2016, starting at 9:00am. The location will be a course around Camp Mabry in Austin.
When you run in the Austin Gorilla Run you will:
1) Run a fun 5K with your friends
2) Benefit mountain gorillas
3) Get to keep your gorilla or banana suit!
4) Receive FREE Silverback Pale Ale from Thirsty Planet
5) Enjoy a great after party
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
How long will it take?
Can I enter as a team?
How big are the suits?
Can I keep the costume?
When will I get my costume?
How can I get around?
Do I have to raise money?
Silverback After Party Tickets
Are dogs allowed?
- Registration from 7:00am to 8:30am
- Most Creative Costume Contest: 8:30am
- 5K start: 9am silverback runners | 9:05am walkers & joggers
The race starts and finishes in the Camp Mabry Parade Field (2200 West 35th Street Austin, TX 78703). An after party with food, drinks & music will follow. ★IMPORTANT! Valid ID’s are required for entry into Camp Mabry!
Where can I park?
Event parking will be at Camp Mabry – Click here for map.
The course is approximately 5K that will be easy for the walkers and kids. You may run or walk. Please note: no wheels (with the exception of strollers) will be allowed. Click here for course map
To secure your place, all participants need to pay a non-refundable registration fee. The pricing structure is as follows:
|First Time Adult Gorilla||$99.95||$109.95|
|First Time Adult Banana||$60.00||$70.00|
|Returning Adult Gorilla||$40.00||$50.00|
|First Time Little Gorilla*||$30.00||$40.00|
|Returning Little Gorilla*||$15.00||$25.00|
*Note: Little Gorillas are 12 and under. Our costumes for kids fit up to 4’11″. There will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades.
- Group Discounts of 10% off registration for teams of 10+ are also available. Please see Group Registration for more info. Group discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or special offers
- Please be aware there is a processing fee for the use of credit cards.
- The gorilla suit is yours to keep!
- Join us at one of the Gorilla Gatherings!
- Fill out the 2016 Austin Gorilla Run Registration Form. Mail it to MGCF “Gorilla Headquarters” along with your entry fee: MGCF 4380 S. Syracuse St. #320 Denver, CO 80237
- Call in your entry by dialing 1-866-gorilla or (720) 524-0272
Still unclear about how to register? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Why is registration more expensive than other races?
You get to keep your gorilla or banana suit! Also, remember that this is a fundraiser for the Mountain Gorillas.
How much time will the run take?
That depends on how fast you are. A 5K is 3.1 miles and if you are running, it will probably take about 25 minutes. For those walking the 5K, it should not take more than 1 hour.
Can I enter as a team?
Yes! You can create a team and enter as a theme gorilla team. For example: Hula Gorilla Team and you all wear hula skirts. There will be an award for the “The biggest team”. So, why not get your colleagues, sports team or even your real family to form a gorilla team?
To register as a team, please select your team name from the drop down list or enter a new team name during the registration process.
· Small – fits under 5′ tall
· Medium – fits most gorillas 5′ – 5’7”
· Large – fits most gorillas 5’8″ to 6’1″
· XL – fits gorillas 6’2″ up to 6’4″ish
· Banana suits are adult, one size fits all
· KID Small – fits gorillas up to 4’4″
· KID Large – fits gorillas up to 4’11″ (please note: there will be an additional charge for adult suit upgrades)
- Wednesday, January 27th from 5-7pm at Haymaker – 2310 Manor Rd. Austin, TX 78722
- Thursday, January 28th from 5-7pm at Moontower Saloon – 10212 Manchaca Rd. Austin, TX 78748
- Friday, January 29th from 11am-1pm at Texas Running Company, Austin Gateway - 9901 N. Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 160 Austin, TX 78759
- Race Day Saturday, January 30th – Visit the Registration area from 7-8:30am at Camp Mabry
Can’t make it to one of the scheduled packet pick ups? No problem. Friends or family members may pick up your gorilla suit.
How can I get around the course?
BE CREATIVE! You can run, walk, or crawl. We encourage everyone to take it easy, be safe and have fun. Please note: No wheels other than strollers will be allowed this year due to insurance requirements.
Still, we encourage people to take up the banner for this cause! Raising money is a great way to get involved, give back to the world, and feel good about yourself. The money you raise goes a long way to helping gorillas survive. It also educates people and stimulates economies in Rwanda, Uganda, and the Central African Republic. We encourage all participants and Event Marshals to set a target of $250. All pledges are 100% tax deductible. Ask your friends, neighbors, family and colleagues to help support you in this very unique event.
Silverback After Party Tickets: Good news…..we will be offering extra tickets for friends and family. Each ticket is $10 and includes food, drinks and music. Tickets are available during registration, at the Tickets booth on event day or click here to purchase online.