The race will be held on January 25th, 2014, starting at 9:00am. The location will be a scenic course around Mueller Browning Hangar in Austin.
When you run in the Austin Gorilla Run you will:
1) Run a fun 5K with your friends
2) Benefit mountain gorillas
3) Get to keep your gorilla suit!
4) Receive FREE Silverback Pale Ale from Thirsty Planet
5) Enjoy a great after party with live music
6) Enjoy food available for purchase from local food trucks!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I park?
How long will it take?
Can I enter as a team?
How big are the suits?
Can I keep the costume?
When will I get my costume?
How can I get around?
Do I have to raise money?
January 25, 2014– start time: at 9:00am (registration from 7:00am to 8:30am)
To secure your place, all participants need to pay a non-refundable registration fee. The pricing structure is as follows:
|Category||Until 1/23/14||1/24 & 1/25
|First Time Adult Gorilla||$99.95||$109.95|
|Returning Adult Gorilla||$40.00||$50.00|
|First Time Little Gorilla*||$30.00||$40.00|
|Returning Little Gorilla*||$15.00||$25.00|
*Note: Little Gorillas are 12 and under. Our costumes for kids include a safari shirt with gorilla sleeves as well as a mask. Click for picture.
- Group Discounts of 10% off registration for teams of 10+ are also available. Please see Group Registration for more info. Group discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or special offers
- Please be aware there is a processing fee for the use of credit cards.
- The gorilla suit is yours to keep!
Call (720) 524-0272 for information
Make checks payable to MGCF, fill out the 2014 Austin Gorilla Run Registration Form and mail to:
MGCF (Gorilla Run Headquarters)
4380 S. Syracuse St. #320
Denver, CO 80237
Why is registration more expensive than other races?
You get to keep your gorilla suit! Also, remember that this is a fundraiser for the Mountain Gorillas.
How much time will the run take?
That depends on how fast you are. A 5K is 3.1 miles and if you are running, it will probably take about 25 minutes. For those walking the 5K, it should not take more than 1 hour.
Can I enter as a team?
Yes! You can create a team and enter as a theme gorilla team. For example: Hula Gorilla Team and you all wear hula skirts. There will be an award for the “The biggest team”. So, why not get your colleagues, sports team or even your real family to form a gorilla team?
To register as a team, please enter your team name when asked, “ Do you want to join or create a team?” during the registration process.
· Small – fits under 5′ tall
· Medium – fits most gorillas 5′ – 5’7”
· Large – fits most gorillas 5’8″ to 6’1”
· XL – fits gorillas 6’2″up to 6’5″ish
- To be determined.
(2) Have the costume shipped to you for an additional fee. Select suit shipping during online registration, call 720-524-0272, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note: last day for gorilla suit shipping is January 8, 2014.
Still, we encourage people to take up the banner for this cause! Raising money is a great way to get involved, give back to the world, and feel good about yourself. The money you raise goes a long way to helping gorillas survive. It also educates people and stimulates economies in Rwanda, Uganda, and the Central African Republic. We encourage all participants and Event Marshals to set a target of $250. All pledges are 100% tax deductible. Ask your friends, neighbors, family and colleagues to help support you in this very unique event.