The epic Austin Gorilla Run is on January 31st, 2015 starting at 9am. Race day includes various fun filled events such as a costume contest prior to the race and an after party with music. In addition to the race day extravaganza there are many other fun events to promote the race, raise money for the Mountain Gorilla Conservation Fund, and make merry with other gorilla supporters!
When will I get my costume?
(1) Come Claim Your Fur (Gorilla Suit & Race Packet) at any of the following pickup locations:
- Wednesday, January 28th – 4pm to 7pm at Haymaker (2310 Manor Road Austin, TX 78722)
- Thursday, January 29th - 4:30pm to 6:30pm at Texas Running Company, Gateway (9901 N Capital of Texas Hwy. Suite 160 Austin, TX 78759)
- Friday, January 30th - 11:30am to 1:30pm at Texas Running Company, Gateway (9901 N Capital of Texas Hwy. Suite 160 Austin, TX 78759)
- Race Day Saturday, January 31st – Visit the Registration area from 7-8:30am at Mueller Browning Hangar
Can’t make it to one of the scheduled packet pick ups? No problem. Friends or family members may pick up your gorilla suit.
3rd ANNUAL SILVERBACK PUB CRAWL SATURDAY, JANUARY 24th – 4PM
Free to enter Pub Crawl hosted by the Thirsty Planet Crew. We will meet at Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden at 4PM. Please wear a gorilla suit if you own one! From there we will split up to Icenhauer’s, Javelina Bar, Craft Pride, Container Bar, Attendees receive a Silverback Pint Glass and new edition of the Silverback Pale Ale T shirt.
Drink a beer, Save a Gorilla!
Silverback Pale Ale Beer Launch
On Saturday, December 6th 2014, Thirsty Planet Brewery tapped their first keg of this year’s batch of Silverback Pale Ale. This beer is made specifically for the Austin Gorilla Run with a portion of all proceeds going to the Mountain Gorilla Conservation Fund (MGCF).
Join us at the brewery for beer tastings, a brewery tour, and register for the Austin Gorilla Run! Tours open 11-3. Click here for more information on the brewery & location.
** Wearing your Gorilla costume guarantees you a cheer on arrival! **