The epic Austin Gorilla Run is on January 30th, 2016 starting at 9am. Race day includes various fun filled events such as a costume contest prior to the race and an after party with music. In addition to the race day extravaganza there are many other fun events to promote the race, raise money for the Mountain Gorilla Conservation Fund, and make merry with other gorilla supporters!
When will I get my costume?
(1) Come Claim Your Fur (Gorilla or Banana Suit & Race Packet) at any of the following pickup locations:
- Wednesday, January 27th – To be determined
- Thursday, January 28th - To be determined
- Friday, January 29th - To be determined
- Race Day Saturday, January 30th – Visit the Registration area from 7-8:30am at Camp Mabry
Can’t make it to one of the scheduled packet pick ups? No problem. Friends or family members may pick up your gorilla suit.
- 2016 schedule to be determined
4th ANNUAL SILVERBACK PUB CRAWL – Details & date to be determined.
Silverback Pale Ale Beer Launch
On Saturday, December 6th 2014, Thirsty Planet Brewery tapped their first keg of this year’s batch of Silverback Pale Ale. This beer is made specifically for the Austin Gorilla Run with a portion of all proceeds going to the Mountain Gorilla Conservation Fund (MGCF).
Join us at the brewery for beer tastings, a brewery tour, and register for the Austin Gorilla Run! Tours open 11-3. Click here for more information on the brewery & location.
** Wearing your Gorilla costume guarantees you a cheer on arrival! **